OTHER EXTRAS SPECIAL
SYPKIE I PŁYNNE PRODUKTY ZAKWASZAJĄCO-KONSERUJĄCE
The use of acids aims at inhibition of growth of such microorganisms as:
Regular usage of acids provides hygiene and the quality of feed materials. Special mixtures of acids are recommended and their doses depend on a contamination and a moisture of a raw material. Acids are effective means in keeping production lines clean in feed mixing plants. They are used successfully in aerobic bacteria elimination schemes.
In animal nutrition we can use:
- liquid acidifiers;
- dry acidifiers.
Liquid acidifiers are broadly used in feed mixing plants designed for adding acids (steel resistant to acids) and in farms. Thanks to suitable proportions of acids, products are able to ensure:
- proper animal growth;
- protection against aerobic bacteria;
- control of water purity;
- diarrhea reduction.
Dry acidifiers are applied on a special carrier (silica) through a suitable process. Provit products have high acids content due to sorptive properties of the carrier. Provit acidifiers do not cake and do not damage packages.
General mode of actions of acids is listed in the below description:
Organic acids mode of action according to Roth and Kirchgessner, 1995:
Benefits of acids application in piglets nutrition. Acids:
- decrease stomach pH;
- decrease buffering capacity of feed;
- improve protein and all feed digestibility;
- have selective antibacterial properties;
- reduce diarrhea problem, especially in weaning period;
- stimulate secretion of pancreatic enzymes;
- stimulate restoration of intestinal villi;
- improve taste of feed and its intake.
Provit company uses following acids:
A strong feed preservative as a fungicide.
Thanks to its strong antifungal property, propionic acid is especially effective in the preservation of compound feeds.
- It has evident antimicrobiological property.
- Protects feedingstuffs against getting mouldy, reduces the number of microorganisms, and
- in consequence – protects them against heating up, caking and nutrient losses.
- Due to the fact of inhibiting the fungi growth, propionic acid prevents mycotoxin formulation effectively.
As the strongest one and characterised by potent antibacterial and anti-yeast activity, it plays significant role in nutrition.
Using those both acids (together with propionic one) enables effective protection of individual feed components and mixtures against salmonella.
In the case of young animals, application of formic acid leads to the improvement of their growth efficiency.
The number of e. Coli in feedingstuffs is reduced by lowering pH, what results in the limitation of their excessive number in animal organisms.
The reduction of feed pH supports its late acidification in a stomach in the case of pigs.
Acidic anion shows antibacterial and bacteriostatic activity in digestive tract, what reduces losses of nutrient, and – at the same time – improves feed conversion efficiency. It results in less problems with digestion and diarrheas.
This is the strongest acid that reduces buffering capacity of feed, with the lowest dissociation value pK: 2.1
- The lowest pH value among acids used in nutrition (rapid dissociation.)
- The biggest impact on the reduction of buffering capacity of feed.
- A source of highly available phosphorus (especially important in meal-free diets devoid of good source of phosphorus like meals of animal origin.)
- A component of nucleic acids (DNA, RNA.)
- Synergy with citric acid, which improves palatabilty of feed.
- Used for sows in late gestation and feeding, it reduces urine pH significantly from about 7 to 5,3 - 6.
- It limits the development of such pathogens as E.Coli, Salmonella, Staphylococcus (optimal pH for development: 6 – 8.)
- Reduces the risks of infected piglets in the result of the contact with sow faeces.
- Improvement of feed digestibility and macro- and microelements bioavailability.
Lactic acid version in use is a dextrorotatory variant, which dominates in body fluids and human and animal tissues. Dextrorotatory version of lactic acid is metabolised from 4 to 10 times faster than laevorotatory one. The energy generated from lactic acid combustion is stored as glycogen. During animal diseases, the occurrence of dysbiosis takes place, which basically is a microflora balance disorder in favour of pathogenic flora. Dysbiosis is also an effect of long-lasting antibiotics treatment. Lactic acid creates conditions for eubiosis, beneficial in the development of Laktobacillus bacteria, which participate in GALT immunity.
- Stimulates pancreatic enzymes secretion.
- Has antioxidant properties (it creates complex compounds with metal cations of variable valency, such as iron and manganese, inhibiting their pro-oxidative activities)
- Gives good taste qualities to feed.
Prevents the mould and fungi development. Sorbic acid creates unfavourable conditions for saprophytic and pathogenic microflora development, what reduces the occurrence of diarrhea. It improves feed conversion, increases an animal body weight gain and improves overall health. Very stable in heat treatment. It stimulates lactic acid’s bacteria development.
Belongs to the group of acids having direct impact on bacterial microflora. Apart from the ability to decrease pH of environment, it inhibits the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria, what is especially important in the case of not fully-developed digestive tract of young animals. It has beneficial influence on oxygenic stability, supports fermentation processes in small and large intestine.
A very strong antifungal and antibacterial acid with documented ability of urine pH and ammonia level reduction.
Medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA):
They are present in a female’s milk and characterized by antibacterial effect against harmful bacteria. They specifically act against such bacterial strains as: Salmonella, E.coli, Compylobakter, Clostridium, Streptococcus.
Minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) level for C8 acid (caprylic acid) is 0,14%
0,072% (Clostridium perfingens). For C10 acid (capric acid)
it is – respectively - >0.17%
MCFA acids stimulate epithelium regeneration
and improve nutrients absorption. Also they prevent intestine